To support you in getting the most back on your tax for FY15 and as quickly as possible please collect your receipts, tax invoices and documents for the items below – check them off when you’ve found them – this will make your tax return appointment faster and easier.
- Last Year’s Income Tax Return
- Records of sales and purchases of any shares, business or property
- Private Health Insurance Details
- Spouse Details
- Children’s details including D.O.B and evidence of any Centrelink benefits
- PAYG Summaries
- Pensions or Government payments/Allowances
- Interest earned for the relevant year from the banks, building societies etc.
- Dividend Statements
- Details of rental property income
- Details of any business income
- Details of any other income earned
- Work Related Expenses For example: uniform, tools, education, fees etc.
- Motor Vehicle Expenses Incl. estimation of Kilometres if no logbook kept, otherwise logbook and all expense items
- Travel Expenses
- Investment Expenses For example: bank fees, financial advisors fees, investment borrowings etc.
- Rental Property Expenses For example: rates, body corp fees, agent fees, interest on loan, repairs and maintenance (inside and out), travel, water rates, depreciation schedule, etc.)
- Cost of managing tax affairs
- Charitable donations
If you need further advice around the above tips please do not hesitate to contact Rethink Accounting to answer any questions or make an appointment.
*This information is general only. Please consult your accountant to take into account your individual needs.